Tuesday 13 October 2009

READING HABITS of a 16 year old

I've been memed by Joanne Walpole.

1. Do you snack while you read? If so, favourite reading snack.
Well, yes I do snack but it could be anything from sandwiches to crisps.

2. How do you keep your place while reading a book? Book mark? Dog ear?
Bookmark.

3. Laying the book flat open?
Being brought up to respect books - never. It's just as easy to bookmark the page.

4. Fiction, non-fiction or both?
Fiction, faction or non-fiction.

5. Hard copy or audio book?
I prefer real books.

6. Are you a person who reads to the end of chapters or are you able to put a book down at any point?
End of chapters. Ilike good endings that make me want to pick the book up again.

7. If you come across a word that is unfamiliar do you look it up straight away?
I go with the flow. Meanings usually come through. If not I look it up later on the computer.

8. What are you currently reading?
The Dark Riders by Howard Hopkins (review coming up when I've finished it).

9. What was the last book you purchased?
Billy by G F Newman - the man who wrote the Judge John Deed tv series.

10. Is there a favourite time or place to read?
Anytime. In my room.

11. Do you prefer series books or stand alone?
Either. It has to be a good series though.

12. Is there a specific book or writer that you recommend?
I suppose I do do that. I like a lot of the Black Horse Western writers. Good books that I read I do review. That's like a recommendation.

13. Are you the type of person who reads one book at a time or can you read more than one?
Er - at school you don't have a choice. At home it's one at a time.

14. How do you organise your books: by genre, title, author?
In the bookcase. Totally haphazard. Though all books by one author are together. I'm a totally disorganised teenager.

No comments:

Post a Comment